Media industry is very vivid and one of the most versatile industry. Mass media, as it is called theoretically, is one of the most influential industries as it is directly connected with the mass audience. The main work of Media industry is to provide information and generate public opinion. The Media industry first started with the mass distribution of newspapers and magazines.
Today, the definition of media has changed and media has many sub forms like Broadcasting with the help of TV and radio, films and videos, internet that includes blogs, forums, music, news, then publishing of books, papers, magazines, and it also includes postal mail, telephone and other interactive media. The media has various purposes like providing entertainment, education and advocacy among others. Thus the scope of a career in media industry is vast. The Media industry is growing rapidly.
All courses have been designed keeping in view the market demands. The courses give students abundant exposure in all aspects of journalism and mass communication. Short term courses focus on specific market needs. Course like Certificate in TV News Reading and Reporting, Non-Linear Editing, Video Camera give rigorous training to students in that particular field vis–vis giving them a feel of the whole media world.
This is one complete & intensive course for those who are fascinated by the world of glamour. The course aims to expose its students to the techniques employed in reporting as well as anchoring for live events & television shows with an added advantage of learning news reading complexities. In competitive environment, an individual looking for a break in media industry is required to have an all-round knowledge, though; the students studying this course will also have an option of creating a specialization in any of the mediums, i.e., TV & News Anchoring.
- An overview of the Television & Industry
- Voice Over: Rhythm of speech, Breathing, Resonance, VO for TV commercials/ corporate videos/ radio commercials/ TV Documentaries
- Radio Presenter: Radio Presenting, Voice Projection, Scripting, Mic Technique
- Public Speaking: Showing how to hold an audience’s attention, Teaching awareness of voice and its function, Demonstrating how to control body language, Breathing and articulation, Acting and singing to strengthen your personal and vocal confidence
- Examples of anchors work and detailed analysis of their styles
- Theory of Dubbing
- On-air Essentials
- A guide on how to write presenter scripts for TV
- A look at personality, style and general show presentation
- Recording the voice
- Digital Editing & Recording
- Studio autocue reading
- Audition techniques
- Radio News Reading : Radio news reading: the basics of fluency, Voice: pitch/tone/intonation/inflection, Duties and responsibilities, Understanding the news scripts and news agenda
- News Writing : The first rules of journalism, Local and national radio newsrooms, The whole radio newsgathering process, The basics of writing for radio, Basic awareness of legal issues: copyright and contempt of court, Understanding the Story, Psychology of TV News Presenting
- Making & adding effective promo and jingles for radio, Sales & Marketing Comedy techniques
- Talk Show Host – Talk Radio & Presenting phone ins